Saturday 30 November 2013

Messing around in Nollywood is not for me – Belinda Effah

                                        
love me some Belinda anyday anytime, she is one young lady who never gave up on her dreams and she is very hardwording, yes! very hardworking. no be all those fake celebrities we have these days, lol.
Anyways read her interview:
By BENJAMIN NJOKU
Although, she has had her challenging moments in the industry, Belinda Effah is one of the fast rising actresses in Nollywood  whose name rings a bell in the industry. She has achieved a lot in a very short while, winning   laurels and writing her name in gold as far as the world of make-believe is concerned. In this interview, she tells Showtime Celebrity what it takes to be where she’s today and why she cannot date anybody in the industry.
How has the journey been so far?
The journey so far has been wonderful. There was a time when Belinda Effah was a struggling actress, just hoping to feature in a movie. But today, the story has changed. Thanks to Royal Arts Academy owned by Emem Isong and her sister, Uduak Isong Oguamanam who featured me in their movies, “Udeme mmi” and “Kokomma.” Featuring in these movies opened a lot of doors for me. I have won a lot of awards. I’m actually on my own, and I now reject scripts . I’m not saying that I’m there yet, I’m still hoping to get better. But things are actually different today.
How did you feel when you were announced  winner of the Best rising actress in Africa at this year’s AMAA?
That I was nominated for the award was a win for me. I kept an open mindset that if I win the award it’s  an additional advantage to me. I was very tensed because I checked out the profiles of everybody that was nominated in that Best Promising Actress category.  Prior to my nomination, I have won GIAMA  Awards, and I have also gotten a lot of recognition awards. It was like ‘let the trend keep flowing.’  I was overwhelmed when I was announced the winner. I’m grateful to Royal Arts Academy because they didn’t know me from anywhere. They saw something in me which they tried their best to harness it.
                                                    
What are you doing to stay on top of your game!
As an actor, the best thing you can do for yourself is to keep improving on your skill. There are people you look up to. For me, I have several mentors; Genevieve Nnaji, Majid Mitchel and Uche Jombo. I pick one or two things from them in terms of acting, packaging and business sense and try to make it Belinda. I don’t  copy anybody but if there is need for me to watch  a particular scene in a movie in order to perfect my act, I will do so.  Also, in terms of  business, one needs to know what these star actors are doing. That’s basically what’s keeping me going.
Have you played a love scene in a movie before now?
Yes, I have played love scenes before now. I played love scenes with Alex Ekubo and Majid Mitchel who  molested me in the movie I featured with him. I also played love scene with Kanayo O Kanayo.
You must have faced some temptation while on set ?
I always keep it professional whether it’s white collar job or not. I don’t want a situation where I would be uncomfortable on set simply because I have dated one person or the other. I respect myself  and I respect everybody.  Even if I’m tempted, I try to keep it professional.
Have you had such a  request before?
Of course,  we are all human beings. I am a good looking lady and  a role model to many ladies out there. I’m not acting because I want to act. I have a desire to affect people’s lives positively. Leadership is in service. I don’t want to mess up my reputation now because I am working on a project called “Belinda Advocacy Against  Rape.”I have a reputation to protect.  I have a lot of things in the offing. If  one is  tempted, one can easily go outside the industry to get herself a boy friend. I can’t afford to mess around in the industry.

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment